Tuesday, February 18, 2014

"scrap"- booking

For the first layout that I am sharing, I literally created it with scraps. I challenged myself  to use the scraps that were currently laying on my desk from a project that I had just finished. The result is this tricolor background. Everything else on the layout was found in my scrap drawer as well. I love the way that the jewel tones work together but I normally wouldn't use this as a background. Sometimes you have to challenge yourself to try something new every once in  while. 
 These wonderful canvas flowers & hearts were freebies from work.  I changed the color up on a few of them by spritzing them with Heidi Swapp color mist.  I like the way it added a subtle bit of color.
 The "just hanging out" tag was made with a stamp by MME. I added a little glitter to the dragonfly after I spritzed him a bit to add a little color.
 I also challenged myself to use other embellishments that I had had in my stash for awhile like: these chipboard nameplates, sticker hole reinforcers & this butterfly brad.
 The next layout is from an old photo shoot.
 I used patterned paper from K & Co, brads from MME & Prima, Canvas flowers & the letters are Thickers.  I chose the title # Love because those were the letters that I had left. LOL
 I used a page map for the overall sketch of the layout adding a few things here and there.
 Close up of the flower and brads. Did I mention that I love brads?
The orange washi tape was a fun touch and I felt that it complimented the other colors well. Sometimes,ya just have to play around a little bit and try something new. I know that for the most part, my layouts have a similar feel but I do try to experiment a little here and there.  I guess that I have my style and I deviate a little bit from it but I don't take to many risks.  As far as I am concerned that is OK. As long as I am still enjoying the process...it's all good!
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

No comments: