Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The More the Merrier

Sometimes, the pictures do all of the talking and you don't really need a lot of embellishments to tell the story. I discovered  this to be the case in my most recent layouts. I had taken several photos of Bodie when we were there last summer.   I found that I had many great and haunting shots of the town itself that I wanted to record. I took a simpler approach, letting the photos tell the story of a town that simply ceased to be.  The buildings themselves still hold many secrets. 
 The name ghost town is fitting for Bodie, it's like everyone vanished. Exploring the past was fascinating and a little eerie.  Just thankful that it was a day trip. One of the guides thrilled the kids with ghost stories that would have been a little more intimidating after night fall. Sophia saw her reflection in a mirror while looking through a window and swears that she saw "the ghost of a little girl."
This little brick building is what's left of a bank vault. The factory seems to be in ok shape from the outside but we didn't take the tour to explore the inside. 
 Had to add a little fun.  The brads are from Bo Bunny & the flowers are Prima.
 During the summer we always roast marshmallows over the fire pit in the backyard at the cabin. Everyone gets in on the act and we all enjoy the tasty treat!
 I didn't use as many photos as the last layout but I still tried to fit in my favorites from that smoretastic time!

I used Bazzil as the background cardstock, Die Cuts with a View for the patterned paper, wooden buttons are MME, bee is Recollections, letters are Thickers  & the Great Outdoor stickers are Cosmo Cricket. Since I am not much of a camper, it was nice to finally get some use out of those stickers.
Thank you for stopping by.  Happy crafting!

No comments: