Saturday, March 22, 2014

Just Embelish it!

I found this picture of Sophia from last summer and I had to smile. I love the expression on her face. I only had the one photo from that day and while I generally prefer multi photo layouts, I couldn't resist scrapping this one.  I decided that I would try to use some of my older paper and just have some fun playing with different embellishments. 

 I decided that nothing was off limits and just had fun. I stayed with the same color palette to unify everything injecting different pops of color here and there. I love getting lost in a layout and just creating and experimenting. I have collected so many different types of scrapbooking products over the years, sometimes I don't even really know what to do with them. I don't consider myself a mixed media artist at all but it is fun trying new things. 

 My big thing lately has been mists. I love the subtle color that they give canvas, wood veneer and paper. They aren't to messy and add a nice pop of color. I sprayed the wood veneer butterfly and then sprinkled a little glitter while the little guy was still wet and then I let it dry before I adhered it to the page. A super easy way to add a little sparkle. 

 Love this paper from Crate Paper. I picked up the paper pad at Joannes on sale and then found the chipboard stickers that matched at one of my favorite scrapbook stores. 

 Added the brads to the tags to give them a little extra dimension. 

Added the twine to the balloons love the way the turned out. 
Thanks for stopping by and have fun creating!

No comments: