Monday, March 17, 2014

Pretty Paper and things that Sparkle

I love pretty paper and things that sparkle. I love the process of capturing photos and pairing them with the right patterned paper and  embellishments that will enhance and help tell the story. From beginning to end: capturing the details, remembering the moments and celebrating the everyday.  Maybe it's recording the memories or possibly just recreating an emotion and telling  the story.  I adore the entire process as well as the the finished page.  I have scrapbooked for nearly 13 years and I still really enjoy the craft and creativity of it all. I also love that there is a community out there of fellow scrappers that get exactly what I am talking about because they get it too! 
 For the above layout I used mostly products from the Recollections brand that Micheals carries. I am loving the Heidi Swapp mists and was thrilled to find them 40% off. I grabbed a few more to add to my stash.  I find them a wonderful way to quickly add a bit of color to canvas shapes. I used Navy and Cherry to add some pops of color to an otherwise neutral canvas embellishment.
 This sticker is DCWV. I bought a pack of journaling stickers and they have been so versatile and useful.
 A close up of my embellishment cluster. I used a mixture of items and  love the way they turned out. Also, you get a better look at the canvas shapes. The Navy makes the canvas look like denim...an added bonus.
 Simple and sweet, that's what I think of the above layout. I love it when a layout practically puts itself together. The patterned paper Crate Paper, the chipboard stickers are MME, the crocheted flower is Recollections and the wood veneer is Calico Studio.
The last layout for the day is pretty straight forward as well. The chipboard stickers, brads  and chalk stickers are MME are , the chalk pastel pens are Zig, the patterned paper is Crate Paper and the journal spot is Cosmo Cricket.
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

No comments: