Monday, March 31, 2014

A few to share

I just brewed myself a fresh cup of coffee and I am relaxing a bit before the kids and my hubby get home. I feel like I have been doing laundry all day and in anticipation of putting  a walk in closet in our bedroom, I have been cleaning my room and going through clothes. I guess the Spring cleaning bug has bitten me. I figured that if I wanted to get a blog entry in this week I would have to make myself take a break. Plus, I have been dusting things I don't generally dust on a regular basis and my allergies are in high gear. Anyhoo..I rarely ever scrapbook layouts of my husband and I figured I would share my most recent one.  

I'm A Fan

 This picture was taken at Disneyland between the two parks. We were waiting for the rest of our party to show up and I snapped this quick pic of him relaxing. I am sure that he was bracing himself for the day ahead. He doesn't really enjoy Disneyland the way the rest of the family does. He has been know to get sick from some of the rides. He loves me though, so he puts up with everything like a trooper. We always try to stay close enough to the park so he can go back to the hotel and rest if he has had to much.


 I think that almost everything from this layout is Heidi Swapp except the enamel dots that are Recollections and the Love journaling tag is from Calico Studios. I have really been enjoying the fact that Heidi Swapp has a bunch of new stuff at Micheal's! I think that I have purchased almost everyone of her sprays in addition to almost half of her line. It doesn't hurt that it was 50% off last week. Gotta love that!

Next Adventure

 I just kept the Heidi Swapp out on the table for this next layout. I am almost done with the pictures from Bodie. It is rare to get a good shot of the whole group so I had to scrap these as well.


A close up of the tag with a few chipboard stars. I love the burst of yellow from the chipboard tag, it helps tie the three photos together and draws the eye right to the center. I do not have a fondness for yellow, but I love the cheery, bright feel of this tag.

Love Your Life Happy

 My last layout of the day is one of my favorites. I used paper and embellishments from DCWV vintage collection. I cut the frame out from the patterned paper and raised it just a bit. I also cut out the hexagons form the patterned paper to enhance the pattern of the patterned paper.


 A close up of the flower: the crocheted flower adds just a touch of sweetness topped with a brad from Prima.
Thanks for stopping by and have fun creating!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I am so happy to have found you!!! Your blog is AWESOME, and it is just how I would expect it to look. VERY inspiring. :o)
HAPPINESS!! xo