Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A New Addition

My mom and dad picked up this desk for me from a yard sale.  I love it! Such a fun addition to my scrapbook room.  I haven't really done a lot of work on it yet.  Just cleaned it up with Murphy's oil and  then added  orange oil to nourish it.  The wood was very dry.  I am not sure how old the desk actually is.  

Underneath the seat it has a stamp from the local high school.  I can't imagine these actually being used in the classroom.  I have paint in the picnic basket and the large basket underneath the seat holds my ongoing albums.  As you can see the large jar on top has ribbon.
Little by little I add and tweak to my scrapbook room.  It is an ever evolving process.   The next big thing that I want to change is the computer desk that sits at the left of this little desk.  It is in a constant state of clutter and disarray and I really need to get a handle on it!  One of these days, one of these days.  Till then.  I will work and putter, tweak and change till I get things just the way I like them.   Maybe one of these days I will even post this eyesore of a desk that I am currently sitting at while I type this.

No comments: