Thursday, February 7, 2013

Playing Catch Up

In general, I am in a constant state of playing catch up.  Taking a break from my Disney layouts to finally scrapbook these pics from last Christmas.  Yep,  Over a year old and I have plenty more where they came from.  Thankfully, I do not get to hung up on the fact that I have several hundred pictures awaiting to be scrapped.  I have found that if I allow a little time to pass it helps me focus on just the keepers.   I can weed through the less than stellar photos and just share my favorites.  The following layout is a perfect example.  I have plenty of pictures of my sweet German Wirehair Pointer Bella but, I did not want to devote an entire album to this one event.  I really needed to narrow it down to a 1 page layout.  Thanks to the passage of time I was able to get a better feeling for how I wanted the layout to go and I felt that just 2 pictures would work the best.  I have only recently come to this epiphany.  When I first started scrapbooking, I scrapped everything! We've already discussed the result of that...over 50 completed albums! (truth be told, it's probably closer to 60 now) 
Wish Come True
For this layout, I was inspired by a layout that I saw on the ckmb.  At this point I can't recall her name but I always admire her work.  There are so many talented gals over there! She added strips of different colored patterned paper which prompted me to do the same in the left hand corner.  I also included ribbons, fibers and a few snowflakes from MM.  The patterned paper is form a MME Christmas stack, the sicker letters are Sassafras and the journal square is Basic Grey.   
Have a wonderful day!

No comments: