Sunday, May 19, 2013

End of an Era?

Well, CK announced that they were going to be shutting down their mb.  We were all a little shocked by the announcement.  I will surely miss the place and I have to admit I was a little blue after hearing the news.  Thankfully however, a few gals from the mb started up a new one where we can all go and continue to share our creativity and love of scrapbooking! So thankful that we will be able to continue to spend "time" together.  I can't help but wonder what will come of CK the mag...hopefully it will survive (not holding my breath though).   I have seen so many magazines go under over the last few years. I know that we have reduced the number that we carry by at least 100 titles.  (When I say we, I mean at B&N...my second home  LOL)
 This afternoon I was able to put together a couple of layouts.  The first one was pretty simple, I used patterned paper from Recollections paper pad Today tomorrow forever.  I added canvas & cork board shapes (my new favorites), wooden buttons from Prima, brads and a journaling tag from MME and twine from Teresa Collins. 
 I also added a butterfly (MS punch)
 more butterflies!
 Still really digging this kit from MME.  I love that I am really using all of this kit.  Thrilled with how versatile it is!
Close up shot: canvas & cork shapes LYB, twine Teresa Collins & everything else MME.
Thanks for stopping by & have a great week!

No comments: