Monday, May 6, 2013

It's raining!

The weather put a little bump in my plans to photograph my layouts, but thankfully the rain let up long  enough for me to still get several layouts photographed.  I do wish that it was a little sunnier, but oh well. As Sophia's Kindergarten teacher used to say: "Ya get what ya get and ya don't pitch a fit! "
 The pics from this layout are from last summer and our trip to the Nevada City Fair.  The kids had a ball with their cousins and I tried to capture the same feeling with this layout.  I used the Green stack from DCWV, cutting out the critters from a sheet of patterned paper .  A little time consuming but I really like the way they turned out.
 I added pop dots to give them dimension.  The brads, buttons and other chipboard is from MME, the journal tags are Sassafras, the paper ribbon is K&Co, the twine is Teresa Collins  and the cork letters are from LYB.
 another close up of the critters.
 The layout from another angle to show the slight dimension.  I have had this stack forever so I was glad to be able to use it!
 On NSD I stopped by my LSS after work  and picked up some sprays from Tattered Angels.  I used Tattered Leather on this layout but I also picked up Graphite and Coffee Shop..they are so fun. 
The patterned paper for this layout is from colorbok, the cork letters are LYB, the brads are MM, stickers are Sassafras and the chipboard & wooden  embellishment are MME.  I picked them up on NSD also.  I figured since I had to work I might as well celebrate with a few new goodies! 

No comments: