Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Sketches & Page Maps

I did this layout based on a sketch from the  page maps blog .  It was a Fancy Pants challenge  that I have yet to post on their blog.  I am hoping to get it posted over there soon. I tried to include the page map sketch so you could get a better feel but unfortunately, my computer had another thought in mind and it didn't work out.  I really enjoy using page maps and sketches.  They help alleviate some of the pressure and actually allow me to create and explore a little more.  Once the pressure of the design is removed the freedom to just play around with what's left is kinda fun!
 Here's a close up.  I used Bazzill as the solid cs, the pp is Recollections: Fabulous Girl, the buttons, chipboard elements and brads are MME, the canvas border is LYB (I inked it to match the pp), the letter stickers are colorbok & the butterfly punch is MS. 
The last layout that I posted today is of Our Critters.  We have gotten so much joy from these little balls of fur.  I really wanted to be able to have these for the kids to look back on. I have so few pictures of my childhood pets and I wanted to insure that didn't happen for my kids. Our pets are such a huge part of childhood and growing up!  I used Recollections: Today, Tomorrow Forever, cork & canvas LYB, buttons, brads & chipboard elements MME, circle punch Recollections, paper tape K&Co and the twine is Teresa Collins.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week!

No comments: