Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Bling It On

I went really girly with this layout! All of the paper that I used is Heidi Swapp's Sugar Chic collection. All of these pictures are from a women's retreat from a couple years ago.  I had nearly forgotten about these shots and they had been living on my computer till just last week.  I felt like I had uncovered buried treasure! I love these gals and it was so fun looking back on the weekend and remembering all of the giggles and silliness! 
 I know that there are a lot of colors going on here, but I just wanted to play around and capture the energy of the weekend.
 My mom and I (not sure what I was thinking with my hair).  I love the wood veneer flowers from Calico Studios, I added a little bling to make 'em sparkle.
 The flowers are Prima & Recollections plus I sprayed a wood flower with color shine (my new fav!)
For the banner I added a little faux stitching and a few little sparklers.  The title Grace refers to my church.  Grace Baptist.  I am not thrilled with the sticker letters, they are not very sticky so I may have to go back through with a spot of glue for each. 
Lately I have  really been enjoying just playing around and trying new things when it comes to my scrapbooking.  I pray that I never get caught up and always have enough pictures to play around with.  Maybe I am rare, but the pressure to get all of my pictures scrapped just is not there.  I want to enjoy my family and capture their memories so we can look back fondly and smile.  I have enough pressures and stress in my life scrapbooking is pure enjoyment and a stress reliever!

No comments: