Tuesday, April 9, 2013

photo orientation

I mostly scrap with 4x6 photos thus limiting the amount of photo orientation to only so many combinations.  For instance, I have almost identical photo placement for both of these layouts. Thankfully that fact  doesn't bug me too much. I can handle photos in the same place, the embelishments are where I really get to play around and create!
 I found both of these layouts partially completed in a bag that I had taken to a crop 2 years ago! Most of the groundwork had been done which left me no other choice but to add some embelishments to really bring them to life. 
 I added a few brads to the already adhered flowers to help them sing and make more of a statement but not take away from the pictures.  I also added the journaling tag to help tell more of the story.
 For the second layout I added the bugs, the ribbon, some brads, a black flourish and the word cherish. 
 I had already adhered the phrases with pop dots but the layout still seemed to be missing something.  I played around with the bug theme and also added the cork for a little extra texture.  I love the canvas bugs from Little Yellow Bicycle, I was able to use color pencils to give them a little color!
The word cherish seemed very white so I inked it a bit to help it blend in a little more with the rest of the layout.  While I creating a layout in a 2 year time frame isn't my preferred method, I still had fun and it was a great exercise in creativity!
Have a wonderful day!

No comments: