Monday, April 1, 2013

A Different Approach

Sophia had been playing around in my scrap supplies and I noticed that she had left this orange piece of Basic Grey out on my  desk.  After she assured me that she wasn't using it I decided to have a little fun, just play and create. The piece of paper already had the photo spots pre-printed so I was kind of stuck with photo placement.  I figured that I would just create around the photo spots and add the pictures last (something I never do). I didn't even know what pictures I was going to use, I figured I had to have some that would work .  I decided that I would just use product that I could easily grab from where I was sitting.  I turned up the music and just let my mind wander. 
 I played around with layering and different textures utilizing everything from flowers, to ribbons to epoxy.  Nothing was off limits, I even flicked a little blue paint to give it a little extra interest.  Like many scrapbookers, I have amassed a rather large stockpile of scarp supplies and I set out to start making a dent in said pile!
In this little cluster of scrappy goodness you can find: prima flowers, pearl drops by Recollections, Prima brads, K&Co bird and nest sticker, colorbok epoxy, Tim Holtz Grungeboard, American Crafts Thickers and various other goodies.
As far as the two lovely ladies that are highlighted in the layout, they are my Sisters in Song...they make me sound good! Kathy plays the piano and Michelle is the soprano to my alto, together we are a team and I love these ladies like they are my sisters!

No comments: