Thursday, April 25, 2013

Feels like Spring

Everything is blooming and the kids are having fun playing outdoors.  We have a very small window when it comes to Spring so we all like to take advantage of it! One of the things that we really love about our house is this little patch of land that we own. Almost 2 acres of trees, grass and even a little creek.  The kids love exploring and I love the fact that it is fenced in. Even though the kids feel like they are conquering  the great unknown, they are safely corralled. 
 Took these pics a couple weeks ago and they went perfectly with this paper pad from Recollections: "Fabulous" I also added some of my "go to"enamel brads from MME.  I am truly in love with those things!
 Used my new favorite butterfly punch from Martha Stewart and I love the little touch that this washi tape adds!
 More butterflies, a strip of ric rac  and a little bling. It's the little touches that sometimes make the biggest impact.
 My sweet niece Elli.  These pics are from when they visited last summer. Kept out my paper pad and punched some butterflies out of the floral pp.  Sprayed a hint of color with Heidi Swapp's color shine in teal. (I really need to get some in more colors! LOL)
 Love the something extra that these wood flowers from Studio Calico add.  I also adhered  pop dots to give the butterfly the illusion of flight.
This layout came together rather quickly, just added things here and there.  I even pulled out some of my stickers from Three Bugs In a Rug. 
Have a great weekend!

No comments: